In fiber optic network construction, SFP optical module play an indispensable role. According to different application scenarios, SFP optical module can be divided into SFP, SFP+, BIDI SFP, WDM SFP and Video SFP optical module.
With the rapid development of high-definition digital video broadcasting, an optical module with high performance and capable of transmitting video images has emerged - Video SFP optical module.
Video SFP optical module, also called digital video optical Module, SDI video optical module. It can be used in SDI equipment to transmit SDI video pathology signals, effectively ensuring the quality of video transmission.
Sopto Video SFP optical module supports transmit and receive data rates from 50Mbps to 11.88Gbps, and specifically designed for robust performance at SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 344M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424M, ST2081 and ST-2082 serial rates in SDI Pathology mode. It is also compatible with third-party fiber optic equipment.
Comparison of Video SFP optical module and SFP optical module
1. Function : Video SFP optical module and SFP optical module are both optical modules used to transmit and receive optical signals.
2. Application Scenarios: Video SFP optical module are generally used in video transmission, with SDI optical transceivers; while SFP optical module are generally used for data communication transmission, with switches, fiber optic transceivers, etc.
3. Transmission Modes : The data transmission of SFP optical module is bidirectional, but Video SFP optical module transmission is unidirectional. There is only one video transmission link, which can only transmit optical or electrical signals.
1. Transmission Rates : 3G-SDI SFP, 6G-SDI SFP, 12G-SDI SFP;
2. Whether it meets the specification standards : MSA video SFP optical module, non-MSA video SFP optical module;
3. Wavelengths : 850nm, 1310nm, 1490nm, 1550nm, CWDM(1270-1610nm)...
4. Transmission distance : 2km, 10km, 20km, 40km, 80km...
1. For use in HD camera or monitor systems
Usually multiple HD-SDI devices are used in the HD camera or monitor system, so we can use a HD video matrix as the front end of the cabling system, which provides multiple Video SFP optical module ports and terminates are multiple HD-SDI devices. By connecting the Video SFP optical module at both ends through fiber patch cords, the wiring of the entire monitoring system can be completed.
2. For broadcast video transmission applications
Since broadcast video transmission applications require high-density cabling, HD-SDI devices with high-density Video SFP ports are often used. During the wiring process, we can insert the required SDI SFP optical modules into the HD-SDI devices at both ends of the video transmission network, and then connect the Video SFP optical module at both ends through optical fiber jumpers to complete video transmission.
Tags : SFP optical module, Video SFP, SDI video optical module
— END —